Receive Comprehensive Eye Care for a Range of Vision and Ocular Health Conditions at Family Vision Eye Clinic
Your eye health is important at every stage of life, and regular eye exams with an optometrist can help you maximize your vision and avoid common vision problems. At Family Vision—with locations in Anderson, Williamston, and Clemson, SC—our optometry team relies on evidence-based techniques and innovative technologies to diagnose, treat, and prevent a wide range of conditions.
Conditions Treated By Our Caring and Thorough Eye Doctors
- Macular Degeneration: age-related vision loss caused by progressive damage to the macula, the center of your retina which is responsible for seeing fine details
- Cataracts: progressive vision loss caused by clouding over of the typically-clear lens inside your eye
- Glaucoma: damage to the optic nerve caused by or associated with an increased in inner eye pressure; this condition is known as the "sneak thief of sight" because it can develop for a long time without symptoms
- Diabetic Retinopathy: progressive vision loss due to damage to the retina caused by chronically elevated levels of blood sugar
- Dry Eye: a lack of tears or poor tear quality can impair the protective and moisturizing tear film normally covering your eyes, leading to uncomfortable symptoms including dry, itchy, watery, red, and gritty-feeling eyes. Eye allergies may also lead to dry eye.
- Eye Infection and Injuries: eyelid inflammation (blepharitis), corneal ulcers (scratches), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and other types of injuries or infections can lead to painful redness, swelling, discharge, and blurry vision. If left untreated, permanent vision loss and other severe consequences may occur.
- Refractive Errors (Astigmatism, Myopia, Hyperopia, and Presbyopia): many people have problems with vision due to abnormalities in the shape or length of their eyeballs, cornea, and/or lens which causes light to bend improperly into the eye and fail to focus on the retina. This includes nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and age-related farsightedness (presbyopia).
This list isn't all inclusive, so call us with any questions or concerns!
How Our Experienced Eye Doctor Team Can Help You Manage Your Eye Condition
If you need help managing an eye condition, come see us. We can examine your eyes then implement an individualized treatment plan. Common treatment methods may include:
- Prescription eyeglasses, contact lenses, and sunglasses
- Medicated eye drops or ointments
- Peri-operative care (for people undergoing cataract removal, LASIK eye surgery, etc.)
- Lifestyle recommendations and modifications
Need Vision Care Near Anderson, Williamston, and Clemson, SC? Contact Our Optometry Practice Now
If you've been looking for an optometrist servicing the cities of Anderson, Williamston, and Clemson, SC, contact Family Vision at (864)-226-6041. Our doctors of optometry can help your whole family! Call us to schedule your comprehensive eye exam.